Become part of the proud and professional team of surf lifesavers helping keep Apollo Bay's beaches safe
Please familiarise yourself with the Patrol Expectations. Be sure to check your patrol start and finish times. It is important that you inform your Patrol Captain ASAP if you are unable to attend a rostered patrol. If you fail to attend a rostered patrol without notifying your Patrol Captain beforehand you will lose your active member access to the club until you attend another patrol. Any queries please contact Calden Lyons on 0477 895 692 firstname.lastname@example.org
BRONZE MEDALLION & SURF RESCUE CERTIFICATE
The Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) and Bronze Medallion program allows participants to gain valuable lifesaving and personal development skills, allowing them to become part of the proud and professional team of surf lifesavers helping keep Apollo Bay's beaches safe.Enquire now
Bronze Medallion Course
Bronze Medallion will be held over the following dates: 7:30am to 3pm on 11-15 January 2021. Assessment will be from 8am to 1pm on 16 January 2021.
If you are interested please email Sue and Evelyn at email@example.com
Due to COVID-19 restrictions this is not being held as a camp. You will be required to provide your own accommodation and food during the course.
Apollo Bay P12 College students will be completing their Bronze Medallion as part of the school program during Term 1 of 2021.
Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC)
Not currently available
There will be no SRC program for 2020 due to COVID-19 but there will be a Junior Program that includes under 14s. More information is available on the Nipper Page.
SKILLS MAINTENANCE & TRAINING (REQUAL) 2020
Skills Maintenance is a requirement of our members to complete each year, who hold the minimum of either their Bronze Medallion or Surf Rescue Certificate. This training allows participants to gain valuable lifesaving and personal development skills, allowing them to become part of the proud and professional team of surf lifesavers helping keep Apollo Bay's beaches safe.
2020 Skills Maintenance will be in two parts.
- Please complete the Online Quizzes (Part 1) as soon as possible so that we can organise assessors and water safety requirements.
- Once you have COMPLETED Part 1 – you can then go to Part 2 to book your practical session.
Any problems, please email Sue and Evelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
PART 1 – ONLINE
- Complete the online quizzes (E-Learning) at https://mt.lsv.com.au/
- Your login details will be the same as your SLSA Member Area details.
- Select ‘Skills Maintenance’.
- Complete all relevant parts: ARC or Bronze, ART, IRB Crew, IRB Driver, etc.
- Ensure that the qizzes are completed at least three full working days before your practical session.
- Evidence of completion will be required at the practical session.
PART 2 – PRACTICAL SESSION
- Using the same web portal https:// mt.lsv.com.au/, book into a Skills Maintenance practical session.
- There are limited places.
- If possible, book into a session that corresponds to your first patrol.
- If you haven’t successfully completed your online learning and booked a practical session, you will not be able to requal – there will be NO walk-ins.
- IRB Drivers, please bring along your Marine Licence.
First Aid Courses
- Locations: Lorne SLSC / Wye River SLSC
- – 20 December 2020 – Wye River from 9:00 am
- – 21 December 2020 – Lorne from 8:00am
- Description: Provides participants with the skills and knowledge to manage an emergency first aid situation until professional medical support is available.
- Pre-requisites: Financial members and 14 years old by time of assessment
- Register online at mt.lsv.com.au. If you need further information please email Sue and Evelyn at email@example.com
- Note that First Aid certificates expire every three years.
Inflatable Rescue Boat Crew (IRBC)
- Location: Apollo Bay SLSC
- – 2:00 am – 5:00 pm 16 January 2021
- – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on 17 January 2021
- – 8:00 am – 3:00 pm on 18 January 2021
- Description: Provides participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an IRB in rescue operations
- Pre-requisites: 15 years old with current Bronze Medallion. Register online at mt.lsv.com.au. If you need further information please email Sue and Evelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Silver Medallion Beach Management
- Location: Apollo Bay SLSC
- – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm on 9 January 2021
- Online training must be complete prior to course.
- Description: Provides participants with the skills, knowledge and experience to manage a beach in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Pre-requisites: 17 years old with current Bronze Medallion plus one of either Advance Resuscitation Techniques (ART) or First Aid (AID) Register online at mt.lsv.com.au. If you need further information please email Sue and Evelyn at email@example.com
Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (ART)
- Location: Either Lorne SLSC from 8:00 am on 23 December 2020 or (pending LSV approval) Wye River SLSC on 19 December 2020
- Description: Provides participants with the skills and knowledge to use oxygen, airway management devices and automated defibrillator during resuscitation, and to administer oxygen to conscious or unconscious breathing casualties and correct use of bag valve mask and suction equipment.
- Pre-requisites: Financial member and 15 years old by time of assessment.
- Enrol online at: mt.lsv.com.au
- If you need further information please email Sue and Evelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note that ART expire every 3 years, so completion of a full course every 3 years is required.
- We require a current ART on every Patrol and are very low on members that are current.